I started writing at the age of nine. Not quite sure how I started though, but God had a plan and He surely blessed me with the gift at a very early age. I started out writing short stories that embraced my imagination. Honesty I can’t even remember what I was writing about, but all I knew, I had a real gift that everyone couldn’t have. Some years later, I became an author publishing my first book in 2012 called A Collection of God’s Word and Motivation (collection of inspiration poetry) Since then, I’ve published a total of six books.
I wanted to do something different on my blog geared towards writers (new or old), authors and blogging and of course
journalers (I just made that word up lol) So I decided to do writing tips. God knows I can still use the help on writing, because every writer isn’t perfect! Always embrace learning more about writing. So here we go!
Writing Tips to the Golden Soul
- Write Consistently– One way to get better at writing is if you are writing at least once a day. All you need is your notebook, pen or pencil, some music and maybe a cup of coffee or a glass of wine and get to writing. It doesn’t all have to be in complete sentences, but jotting down your thoughts helps to calm your mind. Do you normally have various of topics to write on? That helps as well.
- Keep a Journal– Oh how I love a journal! I would always journal in high school writing about my day. I’m not sure why I stopped, but I definitely need to get back into the swing of journaling again. If you don’t have one, now is the time to invest in a nice journal (preferably from Wal-mart or any bookstore) and write about your day.
- Read a good book– I think this is the most important thing for writers! To gather great ideas for a short story or even a novel, reading helps a lot. I started a good book earlier last month called “Lady Elect 4” which I haven’t finished yet, but is good for my writing skills. Ask your friends or family for reading suggestions to add to your library and take notes.
- Research topics- I love the beauty of the internet because you can search anything if you have a question. Sometimes if I want more insight and information on the topic I’m blogging on, I go to www.google.com and type in the topic. Use the internet to the best of your ability especially when it comes to writing.
- Stay focused- Once we get into our very own writing pattern, the rest is history! Try to at least spend 30 minutes writing about anything. Never lose focus of your gift. If you enjoy writing as much as I do, it will come very natural to you.
Written by That Riverz Gurl
Follow on Instagram
Like my Facebook Pages:
Lil’Woman on a Mission Writing Service, LLC
Author P. Fierce